Unable to send email with eFORMz 11.03+
The following error (javax/activation/DataHandler) occurs when attempting to send email via eDIRECT PLUS in eFORMz version 11.03+:
This error occurs because eFORMz is not configured to send emails. To enable the email feature, modify the startup parameters used to launch eFORMz to include “activation.jar”. Follow the steps below to add the email feature to your eFORMz instance:
- Close any running eFORMz Composer instances. Back up eFORMz.ini. (Found under the eFORMz installation folder – c:\Minisoft\eFORMz_6)
- Open eFORMz.ini in a text editor such as Notepad++. The file should contain text similar to this. Your javaw.exe path, -mx, and -ms values might be different, but the jar files must match the jar files in your jar directory:
.\bin\javaw.exe -mx1024M -ms128M -Xbootclasspath/a:jars/javax.mail-1.5.5.jar;jars/jai-imageio-core-1.3.1.jar;jars/activation.jar
- Save changes to eFORMz.ini
- Back up jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini
- Open jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini in a text editor such as Notepad++. Modify the value for param02 to match the following:
param02 = -Xbootclasspath/a:jars/javax.mail-1.5.5.jar;jars/jai-imageio-core-1.3.1.jar;jars/activation.jar
- Save jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini
- Restart eFORMz ServiceManager 64 from Windows Services.
- Restart eFORMz Composer and resend the email via eDIRECT PLUS.