Troubleshooting: File in Use
Problem: The eFORMz Director Toolkit is configured to pick up file from a network share, but the files are not picked up. The log says “File in use”, but the file not in use.
**** Queue Monitor Warehouse for \\dcapp3\test2 **** 0000000186 (9/25/18 10:26:48 AM) Message fence = 0 0000000186 (9/25/18 10:26:48 AM) ****** Queue Monitor Started ****** 0000000186 (9/25/18 10:26:48 AM) ****** Checking ****** 0000000186 (9/25/18 10:26:48 AM) File in use: \\dcapp3\test2\P1010001_0925_1017.J402090 0000000186 (9/25/18 10:26:48 AM) ****** Sleeping ******
Solution: First, verify the following conditions:
- Only one instance of the Director Toolkit is reading files from the remote location.
- The file is not locked by any other application.
After verifying these conditions, open the Service Properties window for the eFORMz ServiceManager service and click the Log On tab:
The Local System account should not be selected if the Director Toolkit is picking up files from a network share. This account is only for operations on the local system. Complete these steps to change the account the eFORMz ServiceManager uses:
- Click This account > Browse.
- Enter Network Service and select the Network Service account. Alternatively, if your security policy permits, you can specify an account that has access to network resources.
- Click OK > OK.
- Close all eFORMz windows.
- Restart the eFORMz service.
If the problem persists, please contact Minisoft Support at 800 682 0200.