Setting up SMTP email for Outlook 365
You can send email through your Office 365 server after you complete the follow steps to configure eFORMz:
- Back up eFORMz.ini.
- Open eFORMz.ini in a text editor such as Notepad++. The file should contain text similar to this. Your javaw.exe path, -mx, and -ms values might be different, but the jar files must match the jar files in your jar directory:
.\bin\javaw.exe -mx1024M -ms128M --Xbootclasspath/a:jars/javax.mail-1.5.5.jar:jars/jai-imageio-core-1.3.1.jar:jars/activation.jar
- Add the following line after the existing text in the file:
- Now you can enter your Office 365 server in a JavaMail step in eDirect. The SMTP host is smtp.office365.com with a port of 25:
- Finally, click the SMTP Options tab and enter your authentication credentials. Do not use the author’s credentials.
- Save the project and you are finished.
NOTE: Sending emails through smtp.office365.com has a limit of 10,000 recipients per day and a Message rate of 30 messages per minute. For single threaded emails, this is not a common issue. For multi-threaded emails, it can become one. For more information, consult the following post: