Enable Windows Tracing on the eFORMz Port Monitor
Should you need to enable tracing, we highly recommend that you save your registry before making any of the following changes:
- Enable Record file capture on your eFORMz port monitor printer. From Start > Settings > Printers select the port monitor printer. Right click and select Properties.From the Ports tab select Configure Port. The Configure dialog box will then display:Check – Record file capture in Event log
A trace file (efzmon.tra) is created in your \WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder. Event log and trace information is appended to this file as activity occurs.
- From your Start menu select RUN > REGEDIT.
- The Registry Editor will then appear. Go to the following folder:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\
- Under the above key, create a DWORD item called Trace. Set to 1 to trace, 0 no trace.
- Once tracing has been enabled, the Print Spooler and TCP/IP Print Server must be restarted for this setting to take affect.
- From your Start menu select:Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
- The Services dialog box will appear. From the Local Services make sure the TCP/IP PrintServer has been started (this cannot be set to Auto).