Best Practices: eFORMz Performance
Many factors can impact performance, some of which are identified in https://www.minisoft.com/support/index.php/troubleshooting-eformz-slow-performance/. This post identifies the top practices for optimal performance.
- Set you eFORMz log fence set to 8 or higher in production systems. Lower values will write more details to the log, which can be helpful for troubleshooting, but at a performance cost.
- Delete processed files. Do not keep files in input queues as backups or archives.
- Allocate sufficient memory for eFORMz. More memory means more processing capacity. The maximum amount of memory that eFORMz has available is listed in the -mx parameter in jsl_ServiceManager_64.ini. For example, the following value indicates that eFORMz can use up to 2048 MB (2 GB) of memory:
param00 = -mx2048M
- Use images appropriately.
- Database queries should observe good data practices.